Board logo

標題: womens tennis shoes served in a bread bowl [打印本頁]

作者: anssfiwpa9    時間: 2017-11-21 09:28 PM     標題: womens tennis shoes served in a bread bowl

The war,addidas preditors, that was quite Arty and always made something out of egg boxes and sticky backed plastic,baby boy adidas, when he walks in to the Hydrogen filling room, he attaches the balloon and we had to stand behind the painted cordon but before he fills the Balloon he has to turn the sprinklers on to dampen the room down to reduce the static charge within the room The balloon starts to fill and eventually it is quite a size and is ready to go before they take the balloon of the filling nozzle Doug again has to douse the room down with water to remove any residual Static on the balloon Doug and Graham then take the balloon to the launch site (Ie the car park) and Doug says if we are all ready he is happy to pose for a couple of action shots everyone’s cameras are clicking then he says 3-2-1 and he release Len's GraderFirst used in 1953 on the Emu Flats and Maralinga Atomic Bomb Test sitesthe weather balloon Giles weather station produce their own Hydrogen as it is unrealistic to bring bottled gas so far and at such a huge cost Where Giles is positioned the balloon will reach the Jetstream fairly quickly and will travel about 180 Kilometres before it will eventually explode do to pressure We all watch our balloon rise in to the atmosphere Doug tells us it rises at 3000 ft per minute against the Blue Sky it stays in our vision for about 10 minutes Doug invites us to follow him to see what other meteorological data they also have to record on a daily basis rain fall ground temperature at difference levels evaporation and the amount of sun light The amount of sunlight is done with a beautiful instrument called a Campbell Stokes sunshine recorder where a glass sphere is held in a frame and the sun reflected through the recorder physically burns a pre marked card Doug tells us they are always being stolen by souvenir hunters and they cost about two thousand dollars each the instrument is reset in Summer/winter for solstice Len BeadellAustralian Legendand equinox One thing we have found at this metrological station is how tradition is important just because modern instrument and reading mathematics have come along in recent times the weather has always been recorded a certain way and basically that’s the way it is going to stay they do accept change but has to be proven against the statistics they already get One we have done all the clever stuff outside we follow Doug in to the office as he wants us to see where our balloon is on the tracking radar the computer is giving him the data that the balloon is at 50000 feet of 16 Kilometres up and is at minus 765 degree’s as it travels on it’s atmospheric journey Everyone has now left except for me and Caroline we are having such fun we don’t want it to end Doug tells us he is not really a weather man he is a physicist but had a pang of guilt after his grandfather had died of cancer and he was doing research in to radiation I explained about my grandpa who had worked with Sir Marcus Oliphant GrahamHelping set up this mornings Balloon flightat the Physics department at Birmingham university  some time between 1939-1950 and Doug then said his family were all from Birmingham well Erdington to be precise so we had a long discussion about that being my old stomping ground and his family I have to say we had a fantastic time it was really interesting and there are not many times in our lives when we have been part of a weather balloon launch It was nearly 10am when we got back to the roadhouse we grabbed a cup of coffee gave the keys back and I was handed $10 in deposit monies There was no RFDS donation box here so I cannot yet fulfil my agreement to our fellow campers I will have to make the donation another day Back on the road we continue our journey west we were chattering away about the weather station tour and as we rounded a corner suddenly there was a herd of camels across the track fortunately we were able to slow up in time Andy counted 19 as they all ran off into the bush I guess that makes our camel Doug CheathamIn his fire proof garments after filling the ballooncount 32 out of 700000 I mention to Andy that we were passing the junction of the Old Gunbarrel Highway which he would like to do but you need an additional permit for that road and information on my map tells me that you need a minimum of between 2 and 5 vehicles in your convoy with effective communication equipment so we will have to save that journey for another time Just before we get to Warburton Roadhouse we see a memorial so stopped to have a look and find a rock called Tim's tree he died aged 21 very sad We wondered what had happened to Tim Bellinger but there was no story about him I even asked at the Warburton Roadhouse when we got there but nobody knew We topped up with diesel at Warburton and headed back onto

歡迎光臨 K-on輕音部論壇 (http://ltgirl.freebbs.tw/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0